Saturday, April 28, 2012

Open Wide: Woman Sues Dentist After Swallowing Screwdriver

A woman in Kentucky is suing her dentist after she alleges he dropped a small screwdriver down her throat during a routine cleaning!

It seems the dentist, Dr. W.B. Galbreath of Lexington, Kentucky, accidentally let go of the dental tool, which fell to the back of patient Lena David's throat, which she subsequently swallowed in a reflexive action. Ms. David contends that the dentist and his assistants weren't too concerned about her swallowing the instrument, instructing her to eat a high fiber diet to help expedite the screwdriver's passage through her intestines. Ms. David also alleges that Galbreath told her to try and make herself vomit by placing her finger down her throat, which did not work. She complied with all the instructions given, but soon realized she was in trouble and went to the hospital.

Doctors had to perform emergency surgery on David to remove the screwdriver, which had become lodged in her digestive tract, a condition that could have ultimately killed her, Ms. David's lawyers contend. She spent six days in the hospital recovering from her life-threatening ordeal.

She is seeking an undisclosed sum of money for damages and pain and suffering.


  1. I was just browsing for relevant blog posts for my project research and I happened to stumble upon yours. Thanks for the excellent information!
    free dentist

  2. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing in your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...