Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Drawn This Way: Tony Bennett's Sketch of Lady GaGa to Sell for Top $$$

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn this way. By Tony Bennett, no less..."

Lady GaGa might be quoting Jessica Rabbit's classic line in the cartoon Who Framed Roger Rabbit? "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn this way," after the legendary crooner Tony Bennett sketched a nude drawing of the superstar singer, which is now for sale on eBay!

The 85-year-old "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" singer is also a highly talented and successful artist as well as an avid art collector, with a collection worth millions of dollars. The unlikely duo met when Bennett filmed a cameo appearance on Lady GaGa's recent Thanksgiving Day special that aired on CBS. The two recorded a rendition of the standard "The Lady Is a Tramp", made popular by both Bennett and Frank Sinatra. GaGa (real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta), 25, spoke recently about posing in the nude for Bennett. "I walked in and said "Well Tony here we are," and I dropped my robe and I got into position. I felt shy and thought “It’s Tony Bennett, why am I naked?"

The starting bid for the original charcoal etching starts at $5000 on online auction site eBay. Also included in the package is a photograph taken by the famed fashion photographer Annie Leibovitz. All proceeds from the sale will go to Exploring the Arts, a nonprofit organization co-founded by Bennett and his wife Susan Benedetto, which strengthens the role of the arts in public high school education.  Money raised will also benefit Lady Gaga's youth support charity the Born This Way Foundation.

The auction closes on Monday, December 19.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...